Kundalini Running founder Doug Wilson is a brain tumour survivor, accomplished runner and intercontinental marathon world record holder, motivational speaker and experienced yoga teacher. He’s taught yoga and meditation to groups of students around the world and shares knowledge that’s backed up by practical, real world experiences.
Workshop description :
A motivational and inspirational workshop with Doug Wilson who will share his remarkable story on how kundalini yoga & meditation played an integral role in overcoming a brain tumour, meningitis, cranial nerve damage, having to learn to walk again and becoming the first person to run 7 competitive marathons on the 7 continents in under 7 days.
The session is suitable for people of all ages and abilities. We will open the joints, alter the bodies chemicals, adjust the glandular system and explore :
• Yoga & meditation as genuine forms of therapy for the body, mind and spirit
• Human energy and basic functions of the nervous system
• Mechanics of our endocrine system (adrenals, thyroid, piturity etc.)
• The piturity gland’s role in stress and fatigue related illnesses
• Techniques to reduce anxiety
The workshop will be structured toward physical and mental preparation of a meditative space and end in a healing, deep relaxation.